Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Try Stampin' (or not) on Tuesday challenge #311

Wow!  Try Stampin' (or not) on Tuesday is celebrating 7 years of challenges this week.  Not only that but Cheryl has just celebrated her 45th wedding anniversary.  Hubby and I are right behind her as we will be celebrating 45 years of wedded bliss on July 15th this year.  Where have the years gone?

I love the sketch this week along with the optional theme of checks or plaid.  I have several Lawn Fawn 6 x 6 plaid paper pads so decided to play along this week.

Here is the sketch:


Here is the card I created using the sketch and optional theme of plaid as inspiration:


Card stock base is Simon Says Stamp Surf blue.  I then added a layer of Neenah Desert Storm.  The plaid layer is by Lawn Fawn - Winter plaid.  Another small layer of the Surf Blue and I stamped the sentiment which is by Simon Says Stamp Coffee and Tea clear stamp set with Versafine Majestic Blue Ink onto a stitched square of the Neenah Desert Storm using my Hampton Art Stamp Perfect to center the sentiment.  I added some coffee beans and the coffee mug which came from the  pack of Doodlebug Shape Sprinkles - Latte Love.  I decided this card needed a bit more bling so added 3 Cotton Candy Blue Enamel Gumdrops by Your Next Stamp to finish it off.  I really like this card and I enjoyed making it.  I thought the colours of the card stock and plaid paper look very nice together.

Thanks for stopping by!

Anna/Oma

2 comments:

stampingvickisvisions said...

Love your card, I need a sentiment like that for my coffee'aholic' daughter in law!! Thanks for sharing and joining us. Vicki DT

Donna Scholz said...

Great card, Anna! Your use of the sketch is right on, and your choice of paper and theme are great! I think I'll go to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee!