Thursday, March 3, 2016

House of Cards March Challenge

I love making clean and simple cards that don't take up a lot of time to make.   However; I also love classy and elegant cards.  When I saw the challenge at House of Cards; I knew I could make a classy, elegant and clean and simple card.  The March challenge was to make a card with the code word Silhouette.  I received a beautiful Tattered Lace Rose Die and also have a 6 x 6 paper pad by Joycrafts with gorgeous rose inspired papers.  Here is my card for this challenge:


I cut the rose die twice and layered the flower portion onto the green portion.  The card base is ivory and I added a layer of soft green and SU's Cherry Cobbler before adhering the design paper.  The hardest part about making this card was to adhere the flower portion but SU came to the rescue with their fine tip glue pen.  I also added a little bit of bling with Your Next Stamp's gumdrops in Candy Apple Red which added just the right finishing touch to this card.  I am very please with how this card turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Anna aka Oma

5 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is SO pretty! I adore the lovely rose die you used--and I super LOVE the way you colored it! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Anna! You have certainly succeeded at making a classy, elegant and clean card! What a beauty! I love that die - so delicate and gorgeous and combined so well with your paper! Wow!! Thank you for playing along with the House of Cards!

Leslie said...

Fabulous project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us in the House of Cards "Silhouette!" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, HOC DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Love the rose die and DP you used! Thank you for joining our March Silhouette Cards Challenge at the House of Cards. Ruza, HOC-Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Brawny x said...

Gorgeous simple card x