Friday, August 22, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge

I love using my embossing folders and I also love the look of heat embossing.  When I came across the Christmas Card Challenge #38 which is to use embossing wet or dry; I wanted to play along.  Here is the card I created using both dry embossing (christmas tree embossing folder) and heat or wet embossing:


I heat embossed the tree and sentiment with Stampendous Detail Gold embossing powder.  I then added a blue rhinestone star to the top of the tree and also added some tiny red, green and gold rhinestones.  The image and sentiment are from SU's Snow Swirled stamp set and were heat embossed on ivory card stock.  I added a glittery gold ribbon as well.  The card base is ivory and I used green card stock for the embossing folder.  The ivory panel with the image and sentiment is popped up with dimensional foam.  I love making Christmas cards for my stash and am happy with how this card turned out.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The embossing is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

wendipooh13 said...

your tree is stunning!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.