Friday, February 28, 2014

Pals Paper Arts 193

I went shopping with my friend the other day to a store I had never heard of.  The name of the store is DeSerres.  They used to be called Loomis and Toles.  They have every kind of craft items you can think of.  Most of the craft items were for painting but they also had kids' crafts, paper crafts, jewellery making beads, paint, paint brushes etc. etc. etc.  Their paper crafting section isn't very big but they had all kinds of 8 1/2 x 11 shimmer card stock in a variety of colours.  I bought some spring colours and couldn't wait to make a card or 2 with the paper.  

Pals Paper Arts this week has a sketch that I wanted to play along with using the shimmer card stock.  Here is the sketch:
Here are the 2 cards I made using the sketch as inspiration:


All the scallop circles and butterflies were punched from the shimmer card stock.  The butterflies were punched using a Creative Memories punch that I have had for several years.  I love this punch!  The scallop circles were punched using a 1 1/4 inch using an ek Success punch.  I love the bright cheerful spring like colours on this card.  The sentiment which is by Hero Arts clear stamp set made especially for Operation Write Home and a portion of the proceeds help to fund Operation Write Home.  It was stamped using Memento Ink - Grape Jelly.  

For the second card I rotated the card base as the stars were too big to fit horizontally so I flipped it vertically: 


All the stars were punched out of the shimmer card stock.  The larger stars were punched using a Martha Stewart punch all over the page and the smaller stars were punched using a Recollections punch.  The sentiment which was stamped using Heidi Swapp Archival Dye ink in Teal is also from the same stamp set I used on the 1st card.  

I am very pleased at how these cards turned out and will have to make a third card as I have 3 granddaughters who will be the recipients of these cards.  I will probably die cut some flowers for the 3rd card and attach them to scallop circles.  I also intend to add some bling to the butterflies as Brooke, the 6 year old loves bling.  I'm sure the girls will love the bright spring colours I used to create the cards.  

Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment as I love to read them.  Have a great day and if you live in Canada as I do stay warm!!

Anna/Oma

4 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Such cute cards!

Rae said...

Spring has sprung in your cards. So vibrant. Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Stef H said...

absolutely stunning cards! i can only keep praying spring gets here as we have snow for the next 3 days! ugh.

isn't it great finding a new craft store? how fun!!!

have a great weekend.

Just a Thought... said...

Very cute card!!! Love the colors!! Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!!!