Friday, August 16, 2013

1st Christmas card for 2013.

I came across 2 challenge blogs via one of the blogs that I follow and was inspired to make the very 1st Christmas card for my stash for this year.

The 1st challenge is from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and their challenge was to use Red and Metallic Gold.  I thought this colour challenge would be perfect for a new Memory Box Die that I bought recently while on a weekend getaway with my hubby.  I stopped in at Scrappin Great Deals in Komoka (Kilworth).  I bought the Memory Box Die - Glowing Candles (along with some other goodies).

The 2nd challenge is from Jingle Belles and their challenge is Christmas Tic-Tac-Toe:


For my card, I went diagonal - dry or heat embossing (I used dry embossing), red or green (I used both) and die cut or punch ( I used the die cut).

Without further ado, here is my card:


I cut the die twice - 1st with the green card stock and then with the gold glitter paper.  I cut out the candles of the green die cut and then layered it over the gold glittered die cut.  I also added some copper coloured rhinestones for some added bling.  I embossed the red card base with a Nellie Snellen embossing folder - Oval Frame 1.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the embossing folder was just a wee bit bigger than my card base.  Oh well!  We can't all expect to have every one of our cards turn out perfect, now can we?  All in all I'm quite pleased with this card.
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

love, love, loooooooove that fabulous candle die, and especially the way you cut it in two colors for variety, that looks awesome! the dry embossed frame is perfect to set the whole thing off, as well. (& of course EVERYONE loves a red & green xmas card!) thanks for joining our tic-tac-toe fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful holiday card! Love the embossing and classic color combo!

SmilynStef said...

First ... huge kudos for starting to take back your December one holiday card at a time ... and second, love those candles in glittery gold ... so striking with the leaves and vibrant red background ... gorgeous holiday card design ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Barbara said...

The candles are just gorgeous! Love the subtle bling on the leaves, too.