Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Anniversary Herb!

It was 41 years ago today that I married my best friend.  I have never regretted it and even though we have had our ups and downs, I would marry him all over again.

Here is the card I made for him yesterday morning:


I got the idea for this card from one I saw on an Etsy site.  The original card was done all in white but I thought it needed a bit of colour.  I did not do anything with it on the inside except to write him a personal note.  Cardstock is from my stash, Martha Stewart heart punch, 3 step bird punch and tulip embossing folder are from Stampin Up, sentiment which was stamped in Majestic Blue Versa Ink is from Taylored expressions and the scallop punch is also from Stampin Up.  I thought the blue flat backed rhinestones added just the right amount of bling.  I was afraid that this card was too feminine but  Herb loves this card and has it displayed on the end table beside the side of the chesterfield where he sits.

I had barely finished making this card when we got a call from Herb's niece to tell us that her father who is Herb's younger brother had been admitted to ICU with pneumonia.  His brother also has leukemia and when he took a turn for the worse, the doctors put him into a drug induced coma.  We left right away and picked up his sister and drove out to the hospital to see him.  When Herb saw him, he was very upset and told me today that even though he and his brother used to fight a lot as brothers do, it wasn't until he saw him lying helpless in a hospital bed hooked up to monitors with IVs that he realized just how much he loves his brother.  They transferred his brother to Toronto General hospital from the hospital in Brampton as the doctors wanted to do a heart lung bypass procedure to oxygenate the blood and remove the carbon dioxide.  He is not out of the woods yet.  They are trying to increase his blood pressure to a more comfortable level.  The next few days are critical but I am confident that he will pull through.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Stef H said...

happy anniversary! may you have many more happy years together!

gorgeous card. the blue makes it pop.

will keep your BIL in my prayers!

hugs :)