Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mojo Monday on Wednesday

I`ve been a fan of the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenges for quite a while now and have participated in a few of their challenges.  I haven`t participated for a while so this week I thought I should do something about that.  I had made up my mind to play along even before I saw the sketch.  All I can say is Wow!  I was thinking of skipping this one but I decided I needed a challenge that would take me out of my comfort zone. I have a new Papermania 6 x 6 paper pad that I love and matching cardstock and ink colours which helped me a lot in making my card.  The 1st Monday of every month is also contest week and I would be tickled pink if my card is one of the chosen ones.  The prize is a Verve Stamp set of their choice.  I have some Verve Stamp sets and just love them.  I really like the fact that for almost every stamp set they sell, there is a photo of a card made with the set from one of their design team members.  They also have a gallery on Split Coast Stampers as well as a Pinterest board.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:




I can honestly say that this card is one of the prettiest cards I've ever made.  I just love it! White base and the  design paper is from Papermania and the ink is SU`s Purely Pomegrante.  The coloured card stock is is from Bazzill - Pomegrante Splash. The flower is Dienamic`s Layered Rose Die and the light yellow flat back pearl is from my stash. The scallop oval punch is from SU.  The sentiment and flower are both popped up on 3D foam circles.  Since I haven`t decided as yet who to send this to, I haven`t finished the inside as yet.  I am pleasantly surprised at how well this card came together in spite of my misgivings when I first saw the sketch.  

 

No comments: