Sunday, February 17, 2013

Butterflies

I just love it when I can use a sketch and combine it with a theme for a challenge.  The challenge on the Allsorts Challenge Blog is things with wings.  This is right up my alley as I love butterflies!
Here is the sketch I followed which is from Operation Write Home:



On this particular OWH blog post there is a card which was created by a lady by the name of Ann Merkin who doesn't have a blog but does have a Flicker Photo Gallery which can be seen here.  I loved Ann's card and had it pinned on my pinterest board as inspiration for this particular sketch.  Here is Ann's beautiful card.





And here is my card:

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so I hope Ann doesn't mind that I cased (Copy and share everything) her card.  I embossed the white panel with SU's Petals A Plenty Embossing folder and used my Fiskar's scallop circle punch to punch out the pink circles.  I  used some double sided Scor Tape on the different coloured cardstock and applied glitter and then punched out the butterflies with my Creative Memories Butterfly punch.  The Design paper is from First Edition - Spring Drop and it also has some glitter on it.  The pink ribbon is from my stash and I used it to hide the seam where the embossed paper meets the design paper. I love this card as it reminds me that Spring hopefully will soon be here.

2 comments:

Wendy L said...

Thanks for entering our Allsorts challenge your card is very pretty. xxxx

Chris said...

Hi Oma, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://oma-idratherbecrafting.blogspot.ca/