Sunday, January 27, 2013

TLC 413

I love challenges, be they sketch challenges, colour challenges or technique challenges.  The challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers Try a New Technique is to Focus on the Dies.  Just yesterday I went to One Crazy Stamper in Bolton to pick up an online order I had placed.  While there, I picked up a new Marianne Craftable Die as well as a pack of 6 x 6 Papermania paper pad - Jesse Edwards Capsule Collection - Parkstone Pink. I love the paper in this collection and couldn`t resist buying it.

I wanted to make a card this morning using the new paper and die and decided to try something different.  Instead of cutting my die out with cardstock which I normally do, I decided to cut it out of the design paper. I was so happy that I was able to find card stock in my stash which complemented the design paper.  Without further ado, here is my card:


I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and also used a Fiskars corner punch and added some tiny flat back pearls to the corners.  Then to fill in the space on the bottom, I added some larger flat back pearls.  I am very pleased with how this card turned out and am looking forward to using the die in this manner again.

I am also entering it into One Crazy Stamper`s January Challenge which is Anything Goes.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the white embossed sentiment, it really pops. Thanks for playing along at One Crazy Stamper.