Sunday, January 6, 2013

Kards for Kids

During November and December, I was a busy little crafter.  I made 23 cards for Kards for Kids  for the sick children at the Hospital for Sick Children here in Toronto.   I sent the co-ordinator 25 cards - 2 cards were cards that I made last year.  Bela the co-ordinator always has prizes for the Smiley Team.  I won a $25.00 gift certificate to one of my favourite stamp companies namely, Your Next Stamp.

I am planning on making a lot more cards for them.  On New Years Eve, I looked after Sierra, Brooke and Amber and we made some cards for Kards for Kids.   Sierra and Brooke enjoy making cards with me.  Amber wasn't too interested this time but did colour an image which I made into a card which I let her keep.

Here are some pictures of the girls making their cards:


Brooke - age 5 1/2




Amber - age 26 months


Sierra - age 7 1/2

The girls did an awesome job and I will post pictures of the cards they made soon.  I still need to take pictures of them.

The theme for the next 2 months is the Zoo.  I bought an Inky Antics stamp set called Balancing Elephant from Pointers Scrapbooking (which I visit on my lunch hour) and made a card with it this morning:


As I did not have a grey coloured pencil, I stamped the image onto grey card stock - easy peasy!

I also used this stamp which was created for the Smiley Team of which I am a member by



I am also planning to make some valentine cards for the children.  I am thoroughly enjoying my new little venture with Kards for Kids.  Afer all, one can only make so many cards for the granddaughters and other family members and friends!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Stef H said...

boy! are they growing up!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR.

hugs :)

Michelle Short said...

Great card Anna, such a cute ellie! Love the colours. Thank you for your kind comment on my stamps/die tutorial, glad it could help x