Monday, August 22, 2011

Pretty in Pink for Donna

I made a card for my good friend Donna who lives in Moncton NB.  When I saw her in Nov. of last year, I hadn`t seen her for several years.  She & I met when we were both 17 yrs. old.  We took the RNA (Registered Nursing Assistant) course together in Toronto.  At that time we were both living in a girls residence that was run by the Anglican church in Toronto.  We were together for 4 mos.  She dropped out as she didn`t really like nursing while I stayed in the course and graduated.  We kept in touch and had a few misadventures together that we laugh about now.  Our hubbies just shake their heads listening to us reminiscing about the ``good ole days.``  The Nursing Assistants are now called Registered Practical Nurses.  I spent 8 years working as a nurse and left nursing to raise my 2 children.  I never went back but do not regret it at all. I don`t think I could do the 12 hr. shifts the nurses of today do.  Here is the card I made for her:


I used the emboss resist technique for the sentiment.  I made all the ribbon flowers, added some bling and popped up the sentiment with foam dots. The card stock is from my stash and the designer paper is from Stampin Up.  I added some flat back pears to the center of the flowers.  The one in the lower left corner has a small while flower and is held onto the larger pink flower with a brad. I also added a small flat back pearl to the brad.  I am very pleased with this card and am hoping that Donna will like it as much as I do.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Vee said...

This is so pretty Oma, I love your design and the lovely pink flowers too.
xx Vee