Sunday, July 31, 2011

Create your own background

 The 1st time I created a background using stamps was in Christmas card class I took that was taught by Caroline Lebel in her studio.  The only other times I have created my own background using stamps was during some of the card classes I took with Nicky at Pointer's.  When I was at Pointer's taking a class with Nicky, I saw a card she had made for one of her other classes where she had used a stamp to create a background.  I love the stamp she used and couldn't resist buying it after my class.  I actually bought 2 of them - the negative and the positive.  It is a rose and it is beautiful.  I don't know who made it.

While I was blog surfing earlier this week, I came across this challenge and I knew that the rose stamps would be perfect for this challenge.  I actually had in mind to do a Christmas card for this challenge but I changed my mind when I saw the card that Nicky had made.

Here is  my card:


I was quite pleased with the way this card turned out.  I couldn't resist adding a few yellow butterflies - the butterfly stamp is from Martha Stewart.  I used my Cuttlebug to cut and emboss the sentiment which was stamped on Hollyhock card stock from CTMH.  The sentiment stamp is from Magenta, a Canadian Stamp Co.  I still need to finish the inside.  The pink rose ribbon embellishments are from Michaels.

I hope you like this card as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: