Friday, April 10, 2009

I won!

2 free tickets to attend the Kitchener Scrap Fest. My daughter and I will be attending on Saturday, April 18th. My Son in Law will be flying to Switzerland on business so that means that Opa will get to babysit. I won the tickets from The Scrapping Turtle which is a Scrapbookking store in St. Jacobs. I love their store as they sell some really neat stamps and embellishments and also lots of paper stock and patterned papers. Opa and I love going to the Farmers' Market in St. Jacobs and usually go about 4 - 5 times a year. My granddaughters Sierra and Brooke love the Lego store in the Outlet Mall which is across the street from the market.

The following week, I will be attending the Creative Show here in Toronto and am really looking forward to it. I have been attending the Creative Show for years. They used to be called the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival and was geared to the Needle Arts. I still enjoy doing Counted Cross Stitch embroidery and knitting. Over the years, more and more other crafts got booths at the show and they changed their name a few years ago to reflect the many crafts that are represented at the show. The main focus though, is still the Needle Arts, particularly Sewing and Quilting.

Not only will I be looking for stamps, embellishments and paper, but I will also be shopping for beads to make bracelets and necklaces. The next 2 Saturdays will be lots of fun!

2 comments:

Carla Harrah said...

Congratulations! I have family that lives in Kitchner. Maybe I should make a trip up there, but I have a workshop on that day. Maybe next year. Have FUN!!!

Steph said...

Wow, you are a busy lady with all your crafts. You will have lots of fun with your daughter. I can only imagine what it would be like, as my parents have passed away 3 years ago. Enjoy every moment. You are a very talented lady:)