Sunday, February 15, 2009

I feel like

CRAP! Thursday I went to work only to come home again after about 2 hours. I had a very sore throat and was running a fever. Friday I felt a lot better and went to work. I did take some Buckley's Mixture Pills so I wouldn't be sneezing all the time. Yesterday I woke up with a full blown head cold and was very congested. I treated Opa to breakfast and had a nap in the afternoon. We had planned on going to see Janice, Rob and the girls but I felt lousy and did not want them to catch my cold. I had a good sleep thanks to the above mentioned pills but when I woke up this morning; I felt even worse than yesterday. Opa has gone to see my daughter and her family while I am here at home feeling sorry for myself. He has taken the card I made for Janice as well as the valentine lollipops I made for the girls. I also made a small treat bag for my son-in-law but did not take a picture of it.

I have been blog surfing and have an idea for a card so may make that later after I have a nice hot shower and start my laundry. I am off tomorrow for Family Day which is a provincial stat holiday (I think!). Hopefully by Tuesday I will feel a lot better and be able to go back to work. I intend to stay in my jammies today and probably will tomorrow as well.

On another note I signed up to collect donations for the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. They always have a drive in the month of February. When I had not received my kit earlier this month I assumed they had forgotten about me. Well, Friday evening I got a call from my area rep and she brought over the kit an hour or so later. I was hoping to get started canvassing the houses on my street that were assigned to me this weekend but it looks like I will be doing the rounds next weekend instead. I don't like going out in the dark to canvass by myself. Two days a week I work from 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. so that will cut into the time left to canvass. I'll do my best; but am kind of ticked off that they did not get the kit to me any sooner. The area rep did not receive them until Thursday! Can we say disorganized? Frankly, I am not impressed!

3 comments:

Di's Dooodles said...

So sorry to hear you are not feeling so good. Hope you improve soon. Take care of yourself.

Alice said...

Hey you - jammies sound like a great way to spend the day. Hope you are feeling better.
Love you! Alice

Alice said...

Hey there - jammies sounds pretty good to me. That's what I'm wearing as I relax. Sorry you're not feeling well. Love you! Alice