Friday, October 17, 2008

Creative Show

I am looking forward to attending the Creative Show tomorrow at the Metropolitan Toronto Convention Centre in downtown Toronto tomorrow. I have been attending this show for years and am rarely disappointed. It used to be called the Creative Stitching and Needlework Festival but over the years, more and more different crafts were displayed. As far as Cross Stich is concerned, there aren't as many vendors as there used to be. Stoney Creek had a booth there for a number of years but I haven't seen them there for a couple of years. A few cross stitch vendors from the USA used to come too, but now there are only about 5 or 6 cross stitch vendors. There has always been lots for the sewer and quilter but the number of cross stitch vendors has been dwindling at the show.

The name was changed to the Creative Show several years ago to represent all the different crafts that are there. There is something for every crafter, be it beading, needlearts (knitting, cross stitch, crochet etc.) as well as quilting, sewing, scrapbooking, cardmaking, decoupage, quilling, painting and artist supplies and the list goes on and on. One of the reasons I want to go is to buy the Weeks Dye Works floss needed to stitch this design that I bought in Northern Michigan in Sep. :






Anyone who knows me well, knows how much I love my coffee! My daughter even bought me a gag gift from Tim Horton's one year for Christmas. It is a Carafe in the same colour and shape as their (at that time) travel mug. I brought it in to work one day for a joke when our Manager had arranged free coffee for our department from Tim Horton's.

I am also looking forward to seeing all the beads and also paper crafts and tools for paper crafts. I might even take part in one of the make and takes that will be available at some of the booths.

Here is a link to the show's website:

http://www.csnf.com/f08_index.html

As you can see there is something for everyone.

1 comment:

Leeland said...

I have these charts in my stash too! Not that I'm fond of coffee, it would be tea for me. But the design is really sweet, and my best friend is crazy for coffee...
Thank you for your advice. It's so sensible that I'm ashamed I didn't think of it before!!!
I will let you know when I have finished the ornies so you can check them on my blog.
Take care, Oma,
Lili