Sunday, October 19, 2008

Beautiful fall colours and the Creative Show

DH drove me downtown to the Creative Show yesterday morning. I was a bit upset as he drove me there in his car and my sunglasses were in my car. The air was crisp and the sun was bright and I need sunglasses as my eyes tend to be very sensitive to bright sunlight. I quickly forgot about not having my sunglasses as while we were driving down the Don Valley Parkway on our way downtown, we saw some awesome fall colours - they were beautiful. I don't normally enjoy driving down the Parkway but yesterday I was a passenger and I was able to take in all the reds, golds, greens, rusts, oranges and yellows of all the trees. It's too bad you can't park along the road to take pictures as the trees were breathtaking.

I managed to get 5 of the 6 Weeks Dye Works floss required to stitch the Lizzie Kate coffee pattern so I was pleased with that. You are probably wondering why I didn`t buy them when I bought the pattern in Michigan last month. The store where I bought the pattern had all kinds of material for quilts and books on quiltmaking but very little in the way of cross stitch necessities. The lady in the store didn`t even know what evenweave fabric was - said she had never heard of it! They did carry Aida and some linen fabric but it was a very poor selection. The only floss they carried was good ol DMC.

I also spent some time in the paper craft section of the show and bought some patterned papers as well as 2 packages of embossed cards with envelopes. One package was embossed with snowflakes and the other one is embossed with a brocade pattern. I also bought some Christmas Sentiment stamps and 2 stamp pads as well as a roll of light blue ribbon.

DH picked me up at 1:00 p.m. and then drove to my niece`s house in Oshawa. She is a CTMH demonstrator and I had ordered a pack of papers, some matching stickers as well as a card making book which is awesome! Lots of layouts in it with templates. Since I can`t print from my laptop, I will try to save the pdf files I want, email them to myself at work, and then print them there on paper that I will supply. We had planned to have tea with my niece but her little guy Nathaniel (13 months) came down with a fever a few days ago and broke out into a rash yesterday. My niece, Krista, thinks it may be chicken pox and did not want to expose us to it. I looked at Nathaniel`s rash, but it was too soon to tell if it is chicken pox. The ironic thing about it all is that Nathaniel has an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to get his chicken pox vaccine!

1 comment:

Di's Dooodles said...

Hi Oma, just wanted to thank you for the lovely comments you have left on my blog!
Your drive to the show sounds gorgeous, I could just picture it, in my imagination of course!!