Monday, June 2, 2008

New beginning or WIP

HAPPY HOME SAMPLER



Designer: Linda Bird



From the July, 2008 Cross-stitch and Needlework Magazine






My progress so far:






I am stitching this on a very soft pale mint green Jobelan evenweave 28 ct. 2 over 2.


I was enabled to do this design by several ladies whose blogs I read. They are doing it as a SAL on Thursdays but since I work until 8 p.m. every Thursday, I have chosen to do it on Sundays and Mondays. Anyone out there who would like to stitch along with me on Sundays or Mondays?

I will have to make a quick trip to Michaels as I need 1 more DMC colour this chart calls for - namely 152. I went through my overdyed floss stash to see if I have enough floss to do the alphabet and lettering. I am surprised that the designer chose to do the alphabet in 3 different shades of blue. Can you tell I hate a lot of floss changes? It just slows me down and I'm not the fastest stitcher at the best of times. Good news! I found 2 skeins of Gentle Arts Sampler Threads - Cornflower. The 2 skeins I have are varying shades of blue that is extremely close to the blue DMC colours 930, 931 & 932 that the chart calls for. I'll be able to stitch up the alphabet a lot faster now! Whoo Hoo!


No comments: