Friday, May 9, 2008

Keukenhof

74. Keukenhof, Anna Oldenhave, april 24

Oh how I wish I was in Keukenhof again! This is by far the most beautiful flower park in the world. I've been to Butchart Gardens near Victoria BC but Keukenhof is so much more beautiful. At least that is my opinion. We were lucky enough to visit Keukenhof in 1986 and we were also lucky that Holland had a late spring that year. All the flowers were in full bloom and I really wish I had had a better camera with me. If I ever win the lottery, one of the 1st places I want to visit would be Keukenhof and then I would want to go to Switzerland and Austria to see the beautiful mountains.
Keukenhof is near Amsterdam and is only open a few weeks a year and this year they will be open: 2008 open from 20 March to 18 May (including Sundays and public holidays.

If you are ever in the Netherlands in the spring, Keukenhof should be on your itinerary. I promise you won't regret it. Here is the link to their homepage. Make sure to watch the slideshow as it shows just how beautiful this park really is. Oh, and if you do go, take your camera and wear a good pair of walking shoes!

Oh hoe ik dit wens was ik opnieuw in Keukenhof! Dit is veruit het mooiste bloempark in de wereld. I' ve aan Butchart tuiniert BC dichtbij Victoria maar Keukenhof is zo mooier. Minstens is dat mijn advies. Wij waren gelukkig om Keukenhof in 1986 te bezoeken en wij waren ook genoeg gelukkig dat Holland de recente lente dat jaar had. Alle bloemen waren in volledige bloei en ik wens werkelijk dit ik een betere camera met me had gehad. Als ik ooit de loterij win, één van de eerste ik wil plaatst bezoeken zou zijn Keukenhof en dan zou ik naar Zwitserland en Oostenrijk willen gaan de mooie bergen zien. Keukenhof is dichtbij Amsterdam en is slechts open een paar weken per jaar en dit jaar zullen zij open zijn: 2008 opent vanaf 20 Maart aan 18 Mei (met inbegrip van Zondagen en officiële feestdagen. Als u ooit in Nederland in de lente bent, zou Keukenhof op uw reisroute moeten zijn. Ik beloof u won' t betreurt het. Oh, en als u gaat, uw camera neemt en een goed paar van het lopen van schoenen draagt!
http://www.keukenhof.nl/nm/english.html

No comments: