Friday, March 7, 2014

Paper Crafting Challenges

While blog surfing the other day, I came across a new Challenge Blog.  This week the challenge is a sketch.  I like the sketch; so decided to play along.

Here is the sketch:

And here is the card I created using the sketch:

Design paper is by Papermania.  I stamped the sentiment by Taylored Expressions - From me to you with Versafine Majestic Blue Ink onto a scallop circle which I punched using an EK Success punch.  I popped up the sentiment using 3D foam squares.  I used the Taylored Expressions Banner Stacklets to die cut the banners.  The bling are light blue pearl gems by Forever in Time.  I added a white lace ribbon to the navy strip of card stock as it looked kind of bare without something on it.

I tried different colour combos before I settled on the light and navy blue which just happen to be my high school colours.

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome Friday!


1 comment:

Khristen said...

I love this so much! The crocheted trim is a nice touch to the strip behind the sentiment, and I love the interesting way you layered the banner piece! Thanks for playing along this week with Paper Crafting Challenges, hope to see you make something for our next challenge!