Monday, March 3, 2014

Freshly made sketches # 125

I finally took some time out from painting terra cotta pots to make a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  Here is the sketch:



And here is the card I came up with:


The design paper is by We R Memory Keepers 6 x 6 paper pad - Hip, hip, hooray which is a very appropriate title for birthday papers.  The card stock is by Bazzill and the sentiment and party hat stamps are from Taylored Expressions Birthday Bash.  I also have the matching dies Party Time that co-ordinate with the stamp set.  I used Taylored Expressions Banner Stacklets 1 to cut the banners.

I had originally stamped the party hat in turquoise but when I applied it to the card, I decided it was too much of one colour so then stamped it with Heidi Swapp's Archival Dye Ink in Pink.  The party hat was popped up on 3D dimensional foam dots.  I like this card but have not yet decided who will be the recipient but whoever it is, I hope they like it as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment.  Have an awesome creative day my friends!

 

3 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Lovely birthday card! Great paper selection! Love that little hat! and the pops of red! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Stef H said...

the red hat is perfect!!! fabulous background... wonderful card!

hope you're staying warm. with daylight savings time this weekend, it'll be strange that 6:30 p.m. will still be light out and ALL THAT SNOW! oy yoy yoy!

hugs :)

Linda Callahan said...

So cute! Perfect background card! Thanks for joining us at FmS!