Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tuesday morning sketches and vellum

I just recently found some inspiration for making cards with vellum.  When I saw the Tuesday morning sketch for this week, I knew I could make a card using vellum for the main focus of my card.  Here is the sketch:




And here is my card:


I changed the orientation to landscape for this card because of the design paper which is from Wild Rose Studio 6 x 6 paper pad Annabelle's garden.  I popped up the main focal point onto 3D foam pads.  The sentiment is by Magenta and was stamped with Versa Fine Red Crimson ink.  The image is from CTMH - Happy Valentine which was a stamp of the month which I bought from my niece Krista who is a CTMH consultant.  It is hard to see but I used my Dove Blender pen to colour the image. White card stock base and the darker pink card stock matches the design paper perfectly.  I used a lighter pink card stock for the strip to set off the main image.

 And just for fun, I also used vellum on this card:


I heat embossed and coloured in the image with my blender pen using SU's Wasabi Green for the leaves and SU's Purely Pomegrante.  I then fussy cut the image.  It took a lot longer to cut the image than it did to heat emboss and colour it.  I love how it turned out.  The sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms was stamped using Versafine Crimson Red ink onto a Spellbinder's die.  Pink card stock base and rose image embossing folder sets off this image nicely.  I am really pleased with how this card turned out considering it was the first time I ever used vellum for an image.  

If you've ever used vellum on a card; please post a comment with a link to your blog so I can check it out!
Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome creative day!

Anna/Oma 

5 comments:

Wendy L said...

Lovely cards, xxxxx

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards! The vellum is so pretty!

Melissa Craig said...

Really pretty! Thank you so for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

These are both beautiful!!! I really love the vellum flowers!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Jessi Fogan said...

The vellum is so soft & gorgeous! I really love both cards, Anna. Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!