Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge

When I saw the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge; I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to play along.  I have to admit that this sketch was a bit of a challenge for me as far as picking papers was concerned.  I am glad that I persisted as I am very pleased with how this card turned out.  Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:



Cardstock, turquoise rhinestones and ribbon is from my stash.  The design paper is from Echo Park Hello Summer 6 x 6 paper pad.  I love this paper pad and wish I could get my hands on another one!  The sentiment is from Cornish Heritage Farms and was stamped with Versa Color Turquoise.  I also sponged the edges of the papers with the ink.  The butterfly is a Memory Box die - Pippi Butterfly. I'm quite pleased with how this card turned out.  I will also be entering this card into One Stop Craft Challenge which is to use stripes.  


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Arlene Bonsma said...

I am glad you persisted as well, very pretty card and I love the sentiment.

Jenée said...

Very pretty card. Nice use of our weekly sketch. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

I'm so glad you persisted!! This is just beautiful!! I love the butterfly and that sentiment!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Stef H said...

well girlfriend... you definitely aced the challenge. absolutely stunning card!!!!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

You're card looks great! I love the sentiment.

Wanda said...

Picking papers can be challenging but I think you did a great job! Your card is so beautiful. Love the colors and the butterfly.

Dewi Lestari said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for joining at One Stop Craft Challenge: Add Stripes
Hugs
Dewi

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE it! That paper is fabulous - and I really love the sweet sentiment. Thanks so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us this week!