Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mojo Monday 300 and Embroidery on Paper

Mojo Monday is celebrating their 300th challenge.  I have taken part in quite a few of their challenges over the last 2 years or so, just not lately.  To celebrate they are giving away quite a few prizes from 23 paper crafting companies.  Not only that but 6 companies are also offering discounts on their sites.  After looking at my entry; please go to the Mojo Monday site to check it out.

Without further ado, here is the sketch:


This is how I interpreted the sketch:


Card stock is from my stash.  The flowered design paper as well as the embroidered square were part of a card kit.  I didn't care for the card so decided to use some of the elements to make this card.  I embroidered the flowers and leaves and if you look carefully you can see where I used some gold thread for the smaller inside square.  I have had this card kit in my stash for a very long time and am finally getting around to doing something with it.  The other design paper is from Bo Bunny 6 x 6 paper pad - Sweet Tooth.  The sentiment is from Verve.  It was sent to me as a thank you gift when I placed an order with them.  The button is from one of my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kits.  The banners were cut with dies from the Taylored Expressions Banner Stacklets die set.

 I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch embroidery but after becoming a grandmother; my interests turned to card making.  I used to go to a twice yearly show and sale called the Creative Festival.  It started out as the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival with an emphasis on the fiber arts and I would usually go in the fall and stock up on floss, needles, and material.  Several years ago, they changed their name to the Creative Festival and it has now evolved into a show with something for everyone including paper arts.  It was at this show that I first became acquainted with a company by the name of Ecstasy Crafts who import a lot of paper crafts from The Netherlands where I was born.  I was  happy to see that they sell embroidery on paper books and card kits.  I am anxiously awaiting for a 3D kit that I ordered from them last week to arrive. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Anna/Oma

No comments: