Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Anniversary

If you are a follower of my blog you know by now that I love sketch challenges.  Some of the challenges can be really challenging and have me "thinking outside the box." and take me out of my comfort zone.  I love punches and dies and have found a lot of inspiration on the internet and especially in the gallery on Splitcoast Stampers.  This week's My Favorite Things Wednesday sketch challenge had me stumped but not for long!

Here is the sketch:



Here is the card I created:


Card stock is from my stash.  Design paper is from a 6 x 6 paper pad from Papermania - Burleigh Blue.  I love all the papers in this paper pad and also have the Pinkstone Pink and Lincoln Linen as well as the matching buttons and ribbons.  As this was an Anniversary card, I couldn't resist adding the small row of hearts on the banner which was created using my EK Success punch.  The flower was cut using a My Favorite Things Dienamics Die - Layered Rose.  I love this die and I`m sure I will be using it a lot.  The row of tiny hearts is from a Flourishes Stamp Set - Heartlines.   The Anniversary Sentiment is from a Stampendous stamp set - Special Messages which I have had for a very long time. The blue flat back rhinestone is also from my stash.  I love the colours on this card and it will probably be sent to either my daughter in April or I might give it to hubby in July when we will be celebrating our 41st. anniversary.
 
Thanks for visiting and please leave a comment so I can return the favour.

No comments: