Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dynamic Duos #22

Wow!  It's been awhile since I last updated my blog!  Hmm, must do something about that!  I have been making cards but just have not posted them here.  For that matter, I still need to take some pictures of them as well.

I have been following the Dynamic Duos for some time now.    When the challenge this week was to use Cherry Cobbler (which just happens to be my favourite colour of all time) and your choice, I was inspired to create a Christmas card.


Here is the card I made using Cherry Cobbler, white glitter paper, Ribbon from Fabricland which matches the Cherry Cobbler colour, Marianne Ornament die and Garden Green (SU).  The garden green circle I punched fit the ornament die perfectly.  The Marianne Ornament die was a set of 2 - the other die is a star and I can't wait to use the star on a future Christmas card.  The sentiment was heat embossed with gold embossing powder on a piece of beige paper and then cut with my oval scallop punch.  I am very pleased with how this card turned out.  


When my children (who are now 37 & 35 yrs. old - eek, how did that happen?), I used to put an ornament on their Christmas gifts for them to hang on the tree.  They rather liked that tradition and I have also done it for my 3 granddaughters.  I actually cased this card which I found on Pinterest.  

I haven't decided how I will be finishing the inside as yet.  

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect Holiday card - so sparkly and bright and cheerful. ;-) I love the ornament you created, and the ribbon you used is so adorable. Glad you could join Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

Susan Joyce said...

Love all the sparkle Oma. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Allisa said...

Love that glitter paper. Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!